Friday, March 9, 2012

The Thyroid

So taking the advice of the pilates instructor I went to see the doctor. He was really nice. He felt my thyroid goes wow that is a really big thyroid and I was like ok is this a good thing?  He orders a ultasound and find out it is enlarged. He goes I need to run a blood test on it.

I think ok they just take blood out of my arm no big deal right. NOPE. I have to lay down they insert the IV line and take out some blood then they inject this hormone that well makes you feel like you are going to faint, pee yourself, and then puke all at one time. The side effects last 30 mins or longer if you are lucky. I was the lucky one it lasted just about 2hrs.  In 15 mins they come back re insert the IV line and take blood. Then in another 15 mins they repeat. Then it is time to go.

The next day I get the test results(fastest doctor ever). I have a low thyroid, thankfully he said not to low, but it is low. I also have the lowest lever of VitD he has ever seen. Yea me right? So my thyroid medicine is 4mg which is a low dose, my vitD medicine is 80,000ul pretty high. I also have to take extra vitmins to help with vitD levels and omage vitmins.

I found out depression, low sex drive, and being tired all the time is all linked to vitD. Well I live in Texas it is hotter then hell here, I am in the sun alot. I figured I was covered with the vitD.

Well I am muslim I am covered from head to toe. The only thing uncovered is my face, hands and feet. So I don't have to worry about skin cancer right, but I guess I should have worried about my vitD levels.

Lesson has been learned for the rest of my life I will always need to take VitD. I will always have to check and keep an eye on my thyroid. It my health. If I want to live until I am 90yrs old this is something I will always have to check. I am ok with that it is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment