Friday, March 9, 2012

Restarted my diet

In September 2011 my youngest son was now 3 months old. I decided to start my diet all over again. Here I was logging into my fitness pal tracking everything. I was doing great. I was only eating 1200 calories a day. I decided to join a gym, I lied about my son's age and I join 24hr Fitness.  I decided I would hit the gym hard and their would be no looking back.

I started off with working out 2 days a week with a friend. Well friend kept bailing on me, so I called another friend Carissa. Well her and myself had a history we didn't get along to well but we were going to make things work out no matter what. She pushed me in the gym and I pushed right back, we were meant to be great workout buddies.

When I first called Carissa to workout with me, she gave me this long speech about how she doesn't need a workout buddy blah blah. Well then it became hey Amanda what class are you thinking of taking? I dont know yet what you have in mind? Yes we became a match made in heaven.

Carissa got me into working out 6 days a week. I lost 15lbs in the first month dropped 6 pant sizes and was looking good.  BIG THANKS TO CARISSA.

That first month of working out was hard. There were times my whole body hurt, I couldn't walk up the stairs or down, but in the end it was all worth it. I started out just lifting 5lbs which we know doesn't seem like very much but being  fat and out of shape that I was 5lbs was heavy. After just 30 mins in one class I was tired and done. But didn't want to seem like a quitter so I kept going.

No comments:

Post a Comment